Shopping for refrigerators and freezers isn’t as chilling as it seems. With Albert Lee’s wide-ranging catalog of artfully crafted appliances, energy-efficient refrigerators, and high-performing freezers, every purchase will be a confident one.
We've put together a helpful buying guide to lead you in the right direction and show you that shopping for luxury, Energy Star certified refrigerators has never been easier.
If you’re more comfortable shopping for appliances online with the self-quarantine guidelines in effect, Albert Lee’s online catalog and contactless delivery make shopping for refrigeration appliances as safe and secure as possible. Visit our COVID-19 resource page for timely updates pertaining to our business.
Modes of Shopping
Our website merchandizes the various refrigeration products in categories along our top navigation bar. You can find categories for all your refrigeration products, including various styles of refrigerators, freezers, beverage centers, wine coolers, and more. If you have questions and don’t know where to begin, our industry experts are always happy to assist you.
Let us help you shop for any desired refrigeration category or product online, via chat, or in person at any of our six store locations. To chat online, simply click on the icon at the bottom-right side of our homepage. If you prefer to pick up the phone, feel free to give us a give us a call at your preferred location or our toll-free number at 1-866-966-2110.
As you scour the many different models and amenities of our refrigeration appliances, here are some features you can apply filters for to help narrow your search:
- Price range (i.e., price)
- Brand (i.e., “manufacturer”)
- Dimensions (width, depth, and height)
- Appliance finish or color (i.e., overall color)
- Energy efficiency (i.e., Energy Star certified)
- Smart tech (i.e., “WiFi connectivity”)
- Water/ice dispensers
- Defrost system (i.e., automatic or manual)
We’ll spare you any more anticipation—here is our guide to shopping for refrigeration appliances, chock full of appliances that are as reliable and efficient as they are stylish.
Current Landscape of Refrigeration
Whether you’re in the market for a simplistic, large-capacity fridge to satisfy your family of foodies, a beverage center for ice-cold brews, or you want to incorporate high-tech smart features into your new luxury kitchen, we have the perfect fit for everyone.
For the traditionalists out there, if bells and whistles don’t properly suit you or your kitchen space, shop for classic models such as top-freezer, French door, side-by-side and bottom-freezer fridges.
The classic configurations include purposeful storage space and reliable cooling power. Wall-to-wall frameless glass shelving allows you to store more items on each shelf with greater flexibility, temperature controls allow you to set the exact level of cool for the inside of your fridge, and LED interior lighting keeps food looking as good as it tastes.
If you’re looking for a greater sense of luxury in your refrigeration upgrade, you can open the door to a world of new refrigeration features.
For example, Bosch French Door Refrigerators activate the SuperCool function which drops the internal temperature of the fridge if the door has been left open for too long. It prevents warm air from entering and spoiling the food inside, keeping your groceries fresher for longer.
If you need to remotely control and monitor your appliance, let Home Connect help you efficiently manage your day by setting calendar reminders and keeping track of your shopping list.
Shopping for refrigeration appliances has never been better with our expansive list of energy-efficient refrigerators.
Many refrigerators that have earned an Energy Star certification use less energy than a 60-watt light bulb! If you want to go green while saving green, the right refrigerator model can make all the difference.
Types of Refrigeration Appliances
Families, home chefs, and modern homeowners alike agree: having the right refrigerator completes a kitchen’s sophisticated, luxurious design. Here is a list of the various types of refrigerators, many of which come in energy-efficient models.
- French Door Fridge–Ideal for the busy home cooks who like to keep a clean, organized, and seamless culinary space. Entails two side-by-side doors with one or two freezer drawers on the bottom. Many models even have the ability to change the temperature of one of the drawers, allowing you to meet your needs and customize your kitchen’s refrigerator.
- Side-by-Side–Perfect for those grocery shoppers who are looking for purposefully designed storage and greater shelf space for increased loading flexibility. Side-by-side models have both fridge and freezer compartments standing vertically for a slimmed-down look.
- Bottom-freezer Fridge–The bottom-freezer is one of the more popular models in terms of space and energy savings; this style comes with a freezer drawer located at the lower level. Perfect for conveniently storing chilled and frozen family essentials
- Built-in Fridge–The built-in style truly immerses into your kitchen design; this appliance is built into your kitchen cabinetry for a unified look. The exteriors of these refrigerators come in various finishes, including the popular stainless-steel finish.
- Counter-Depth Fridge–If you want your fridge to blend into your kitchen layout, this style reduces the depth of your appliance so it can easily fit your space without feeling or looking intrusive.
- Top-freezer Fridge–A classic refrigerator configuration, and ideal for those who want to keep frozen items ice-cold without sacrificing any storage space. The larger fridge compartment sits at the bottom level and the freezer rests on top.
- Freezerless Refrigerator–The name speaks for itself; the freezerless fridge makes it easy to keep a separate freezer compartment while maximizing your fridge space.
- Columns–Column refrigerators and freezers can be fitted with custom panels to provide a slimmed-down, integrated look within cabinetry or stainless-steel accessories. Columns help create a single-door design and preserve chilled foods or bottles of wine with a magnetic door seal.
In our Guide to Refrigeration [2020 Buying Guide pt. 2], we will explore more of the features each of these refrigerator types offer. Understanding the style and features that are important to you will improve your refrigeration buying experience and assure you get the right fridge for your kitchen.
Next stop: the frozen section!
- Chest Freezer–A great freezer to store in the garage; flip the lid and keep your favorite gameday treats perfectly chilled. Removable plastic baskets can help you organize items by categories or purchase date so nothing is ever lost in the bottom of the freezer.
- Upright Freezer–Upright freezers are a convenient, space-saving freezer perfect for small spaces. Organize and store your favorite frozen foods on wire shelves and adjust temperature settings to your exact needs.
Individual freezers like the Frigidaire Gallery Upright Freezer offer more storage than built-in freezer units so you have more space to stock up on frozen goods. Frigidaire’s SpaceWise Organization system includes two full-width storage baskets to keep things organized and easy to find when you need it. The baskets slide out for easy access and adjustable shelf allows you to customize your freezer so you can fit different size items as your needs change.
Never worry about the kids dirtying up the freezer doors when they reach for another popsicle–smudge-proof stainless steel reduces fingerprints and smudges so it remains easy to clean.
A refrigerator should be a statement piece in your kitchen–no matter the size.
Whether it’s a beverage center (or, a beer fridge), a compact energy-efficient fridge, or a full-size wine refrigerator with the Energy Star rating, make your kitchen appliance a reflection of your personal style.
- Beverage Centers–Otherwise known as your beer or wine fridges, beverage centers are under-counter refrigerators that keep all your favorite adult beverages chilled and ready to enjoy. Clear doors allow guests to pick out their drink before they open the door and the bottom drawer leaves room for limes and lemons if you’re tending bar for the night.
- Wine Coolers–You won’t ever have to choose between white or red; having your own wine fridge means always being able to pour all your favorite vintages. Typically, a built-in wine fridge offers distinct temperature zones and cooling technology to ensure light and heat don’t absorb into your bottles.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators–Stainless-steel under-counter refrigerators have a large capacity and ample space for all your entertaining needs. Some dual-drawer models with a bottom-freezer drawer feature automatic icemakers to ensure a consistent supply of ice for all your drinks. In some built-in or freestanding installations, the touch control interface allows precise refrigerator temperatures and settings.
- Compact Refrigerator–Small and compact energy-efficient refrigerators allow for flexible installation under the counter. Easy-to-clean glass shelves create convenient food storage and the crisper drawer provides the perfect enclosure for fruits and vegetables.
- Beer Cooler-Kegerators–Whether you’re a beer drinker or an avid entertainer, you will be the best party host with the ultimate indoor built-in or freestanding kegerator. If you’re looking for an exceptional touch to any wet bar or game room, dual-tap keg coolers conveniently keep two ice cold brews on tap at once, while using an energy-efficient, environmentally friendly refrigerant. Keeping cold beer on tap has never been so refreshing.
No kitchen space is complete without cool, refreshing beverages. Whether indoor or outdoor, choosing a multi-purpose refrigerator comes down to aesthetic preference and your entertaining needs.
Whether you want outdoor under-counter, under-grill, or panel-ready refrigerators and freezers, we’ve got you covered. If you’re going all-in on an outdoor kitchen setup, you can explore our outdoor ice makers with uniform cubes, beverage dispensers, and sink prep packages for a complete and functional kitchen space in your backyard.
When selecting a style for optimal sophistication, shoot for something sleek and shiny. You can’t go wrong with a stainless-steel finish built right into your cabinet or outdoor kitchen.
That's the easy part–the heavier decision might be choosing what kind of beverage you’re planning to have stocked at all times!
Check back for Part 2 of this guide to refrigeration shopping for a deep dive into the features of refrigerators and freezers you might be considering.
For any appliance needs big or small, don’t hesitate to contact our industry experts here at Albert Lee—we're happy to help in any way we can. Give us a call or chat with us today!
Regarding COVID-19, our appliance delivery teams are taking precautionary steps to help minimize the current public health emergency and, as such, have taken proactive steps such as disinfecting themselves between customer deliveries and wearing rubber gloves while performing deliveries at our customer's homes.
We are taking every precaution to clean and disinfect our stores throughout the day above and beyond the normal cleaning process, including professional disinfection, as well as ensuring our customers and employees can maintain a safe social distance. For more information, please visit www.albertlee.biz/ala-covid19.