Free up food storage space in your fridge with a sleek beverage center! More than a compact or mini fridge, beverage coolers keep your drinks chilled at the just right temperatures. Designed with sleek looks of either glass doors or smooth stainless steel, beverage centers also add visual appeal to your space.
Where, Oh Where Do I Put a Beverage Center?
If portability is something you need, you should shop for freestanding beverage centers. With a freestanding model, you can place it on top of the counter, in your kitchen, dining room, den, home bar, media room or anywhere with free space.
Built-in models cost a bit more and are designed to fit flush inside a cabinet, under the counter or in a dedicated space. They are great for wet bars, kitchen islands and walk-in pantries too!
Small, Yet Powerful: Features to Consider
Beverage centers can do more than just keep your drinks cold—don’t let their size fool you! For maximum versatility and usability, beverage coolers are jam-packed with innovative features, such as:
- Capacity: How often do you plan to use it? What kind of drinks do you plan to store? Most capacities are explained in terms of how many 12 oz. cans it can hold (note that 2 cu. ft. can store about 8 soda cans).
- A safety door lock keeps temperatures at your desired levels and keeps curious youngsters away from “grownup” drinks. Even if you don’t keep alcohol in your home, door locks work the same for soda and juice, helping you in the endless struggle of limiting your child’s sugar intake.
- Slide-out shelves are another consideration, especially if you have a wide variety of beverages to store and love having smooth, easy access.
- The number of racks and whether they’re adjustable is also worth assessing if you prefer more versatile organization.
- Lastly, decide whether you need single-, dual- or triple-zone cooling: If you’re only planning to store sodas, juice and dairy drinks, then a single zone is all you need. However, if you have a variety of wines and other alcoholic drinks that need more precise temperature controls, a dual- or triple-zone cooler will provide the climates you need.
Ready to Shop?
You’re now ready to browse our online catalog to discover the beverage center in the size and style that works for you. Need more information on the differences between an under-the-counter fridge, wine cooler, kegerator, and other types of refrigeration? Check out our complete guide to refrigeration shopping and let us know if you have any questions!