A recent Bosch survey revealed that 90 percent of Americans unnecessarily use a manual drying step after their dishwasher cycle is complete to better dry their dishes — from using a towel (37 percent) to air drying the entire load (20 percent) to cracking open the dishwasher door post-cycle (15 percent). In fact, only 8 percent believe that their dishes emerge from the dishwasher perfectly dry, every time.
Getting completely dry items straight from the dishwasher is not only possible — thanks to the dishwasher experts at Bosch — but it also saves you time and effort. Say goodbye to manual drying and hello to fresher, drier, sanitized dishes, every time.
Follow these five steps to achieve drier dishes when using your dishwasher:
1. Load your Dishwasher Properly
When it comes to getting clean and dry dishes, knowing how to load your dishwasher is half the battle. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Skip the pre-rinse: Simply scrape food off the plate before loading — this gives dishwasher detergent something to stick to.
- Load dishes at an angle, facing down, so that excess water can simply run off the surface of each item during the final stages of the drying cycle.
- Avoid overloading and allow space between items for better water, detergent and air circulation — each dish should be separated by at least one dishwasher tine.
- Mix up your silverware to avoid nesting; load forks and spoons handle down, while knives should be loaded sharp end down.
2. Select the Right Wash Cycle
Every dishwasher load is different — thus, every Bosch dishwasher cycle is purposefully designed to tackle different load styles. Knowing how to select the correct wash cycle helps ensure proper distribution of water and detergent throughout the tub, based on the load:
- For everyday mixed loads, the Auto cycle uses intelligent turbidity sensors to measure the water’s soil level throughout the cycle, extending the duration if it detects dishes are still dirty or shortening if levels appear low.
- The Heavy cycle should be reserved for large pots and pans that require extra heat to lift remnants from surfaces.
- Half Load and Speed 60 cycles are designed for lightly soiled, freshly soiled or smaller loads.
Bonus: The Sanitize function on Bosch dishwashers not only eliminates up to 99.9% of bacteria to meet NSF requirements for sanitization, but also increases the temperature of the final rinse at the end of the cycle to 162˚F, which helps to thoroughly clean, sanitize, and dry dishes.
3. Use a Rinse Aid
The use of a rinse agent is a tried and true way to help dishes dry faster. Rinse aids reduce the surface tension of water, causing droplets to easily slide off for less excess moisture and quicker drying.
To enhance the dishwasher’s capabilities to dry each unique load, use Finish® Jet-Dry® for conventional drying needs and Finish® Turbo-Dry® for amplified drying assistance with plastics.
4. Utilize Advanced Drying Technologies
Already setting the bar in flexible loading, quiet performance, energy efficiency and cleaning capabilities, the new Bosch dishwasher line minimizes added dish-drying steps with advanced drying technologies that do the work for you:
- Looking for a simple drying boost? Bosch dishwashers with PureDry™ are energy efficient and utilize a closed drying system that does not pull in outside air or use an exposed heating element. So you can rest assured that your dishes aren't just dry, they're PureDry™.
- Manually open the dishwasher door at the end of a cycle? Bosch dishwashers with AutoAir™ eliminate this extra step by automatically opening the door once the dishwasher reaches the perfect temperature. This technology releases excess moisture and circulates fresh air at the optimal moment to achieve 40% drier dishes*.
- Unlike similar systems, AutoAir doesn’t rely on exposed heaters or a fan to force out heavy steam — AutoAir uses the natural power of condensation and fresh air for gentle drying along with a Steam Guard to avoid cabinetry damage when moisture is released.
- This is the perfect solution for users who may not unload their dishwasher immediately after the cycle is complete or prefer to let the dishes air dry overnight, resulting in fresh, dry dishes when you are ready for them.
- Towel-drying plastics all too often? Bosch dishwashers with CrystalDry™ ensure dishes emerge as perfectly dry as they are clean, using a naturally occurring mineral that transforms moisture into heat up to 176 degrees. This added layer of heat delivers 60% better drying results**, even on hard-to-dry items like plastics.
5. Start Unloading from the Bottom
It’s no secret that lighter items like plastic cups and bowls can often be flipped over during the wash cycle, causing pools of water to form. Prevent any remaining drips or water spills from transferring to the bottom rack by unloading the bottom rack first, followed by the middle rack, then third rack.
*Based on average drying performance of Bosch Dishwashers with AutoAir™ after seven hours as compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry™
**Based on aggregate average drying performance of Bosch Dishwashers with CrystalDry on combined household load including plastics, glass, steel, and porcelain as compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry. Drying performance may vary by dish type.
Syndicated from: BSH Home Appliances Corporation